Countdown to Electric Forest
The Magic of Electric Forest
In just a couple of weeks, thousands of us will be traveling to Rothbury Michigan for another magical year of Electric Forest! Taking place over two weekends, June 21st-June 24th and June 28th-July 1st, EF is a highly adored festival that continues to gain popularity among festival goers.
Exploring the Lineup
Let’s talk about the lineup. Among those making an appearance both weekends are, The String Cheese Incident, Bassnectar, San Holo, Zhu, Chromeo, The Russ Liquid Test, Spad Heddy, Herobust, Bishop Briggs, and Two Feet. For those of you heading to the Forest here are five acts you definitely shouldn’t miss!
- Griz Live Band: Griz has always been praised for his electro-funk sounds and elements of soul, hip-hop, and jazz.
- Um: The EDM duo from LA with quirky, eclectic vibes that push the boundaries of creativity
- Two Feet: The singer/songwriter from New York who has graced us with music that flirts between alternative, electronic, jazz, and blues.
- Chromeo: The electric-funk duo from Canada that is sure to have you dancing throughout the night!
- Big Something: The alternative rock group that plays with elements of funk, hip-hop, and pop.
This year EF also has a series of curated events during both weekends. My personal favorite is weekend one Bassrush since it features one of my favorite DJs… Herobust!
Rüfüs Du Sol and Friends, Soulection, and Mr. Caramak presents Forward thinkers are among the list of other curated events. For the full list, click here.
Electric Forest is one of those festivals that leaves a mark on us. It entices us to return year after year to get lost in its amazing vibes, art, activities, and music, and we can’t get for its 2018 event!
Tickets are selling out fast, so if you haven’t gotten yours, click here!